Of course, you should read all you can about SOLID, Design patterns, Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture, etc. Once you have a basic understanding of these topics you still have to write that code though, and write it well too! What is good code? Are there some guidelines, or rules of thumb, which you can follow while making your everyday coding decisions?
In this talk I’ll cover many of these coding guidelines, which aren’t usually covered by patterns or principles books. They should help you write better code and give you a richer vocabulary for reviewing other people’s code. Some of the subjects that we’ll discuss are: state, mutability, CQS, one-method objects, domain-first, API-driven, functional programming influences, object boundaries, (de)serialization, and many more!
- 06/08/2019 Dutch PHP Conference, Amsterdam website feedback video
- 05/31/2019 SkillsMatters muCon, London slides video
- 10/26/2018 Forum PHP 2018, Paris feedback slides video
- PHPBenelux, Antwerp (BE) website slides feedback
- NCrafts, Paris website video
- PHP-Café, Breda website slides feedback
"Everything is an object" @matthiasnoback #NCrafts #oop pic.twitter.com/GRhIOysbZa— Cantet Thibaut (@thibautcantet) May 13, 2016