Rector is an extremely powerful tool that can instantly improve the code quality of your PHP projects. It can be used to safely migrate projects from PHP 5.6 to PHP 8. It can help you establish a standard of robust programming practices in your project. And it can save you a lot of time spent on reviewing pull requests.
In this book, seasoned developers Matthias Noback and Tomáš Votruba give you all the information you need to become a Rector power user. You'll learn:
- How to make Rector part of your daily development workflow
- How to create Rector rules that replace repetitive manual refactoring work
- How to automate even more with Rector by adding it to your project's build process
Tomáš, being the founding father and core maintainer of the Rector project, will shine his light on:
- What's the place of Rector in the larger ecosystem of PHP tools for code quality assurance?
- What role will Rector fulfill in the future?
Matthias, who has a strong focus on automated testing, will cover:
- The concepts behind Rector: tokenizing, parsing, and manipulating PHP AST nodes
- Test-driven development techniques for creating automated refactorings